Friday 9 December 2011

OLYMPIC VOLUNTEERS PARTY & PODIUM MAGAZINE SPORT QUIZ

BUSY week but the events I have been to have made the few short sleeps really worth it.
All this great hype about the London Olympics is really exciting but don't forget the world’s biggest sporting event can only run because of a huge amount of generous and fantastic volunteers. This week, alongside Dalton Grant I went to Excel to the Olympic Volunteers Christmas party for a Q and A session. I think it’s really important for us athletes to show them how much we value all their hard work and efforts.



Then last night, after commentating on an exciting "Chicks of Prey" women’s world cup in Beaver Creek where Lindsey Vonn incredibly made it 4 from 4 to win in front of a home crowd under huge pressure, I ventured up town to participate in the All Stars Podium Magazine Sports Quiz alongside Matt Pinsent and Hugh Vyvaan.

Some events you go to because you feel you ought to... Last night I went and I had fun!! It was an intimate gathering of sports enthusiasts all looking for the win. We were robbed of the victory (Matt is still seething with bitterness) but had a great time nonetheless!
Next up is more training, more rehab before going to my first ever girls Christmas lunch (one of the only perks at still being injured is that for the first time ever I can get into the Christmas spirit and enjoy all the things I usually miss!)

Thanks for reading.

Happy day

X

No comments:

Post a Comment